Believe it or not, people who are suffering from diabetes, they experience sudden weight gain and ninety percent of them are affected by Type 2 diabetes. The scariest fact is, a span of Type 2 diabetes affected patients are unaware of the truth that they are gaining weight continuously due to type 2 diabetes. The time you can identify you are affected by Type 2 diabetes, your identification is the first step to diminish the risk of diabetes.
Easy Steps to Check on Diabetes
It is not that you cannot fight against type 2 diabetes. Just follow some easy steps and reduce the risk of diabetes.
- First you need to maintain a healthy weight to reduce diabetes risk.
- If you can identify any symptom of diabetes then please visit your GP without making holdup.
- Try to eat healthy and involve yourself in daily activities more if you are obese.
- Check your weight with help of BMI calculator and you can use healthy weight calculator.
There is no certain lifestyle that can help you to minimize the risk of diabetes. Just you need to maintain healthy lifestyle that you can live stress free.
Diabetes & Body weight Equation
Overweight people have a greater chance to be affected by Type 2 diabetes. Hence, you need to keep continuous check on your weight to live diabetes free life.
How BMI Controls Diabetes Risk?
People who are under BMI 25, they have lower chance of diabetes type 2. Though, the rate of BMI is not same for the people live in different parts of world.
- Asians who have BMI score 23 or above, are at risk to be affected by type 2 diabetes.
- Asians who have BMI score 27.5 or above, are at highest risk to be affected by Type 2 diabetes.
- Black people or minority groups who have score BMI 25 or above, are at risk to be affected by Type 2 diabetes.
Though, there is contradiction in these theories among researchers.
How Waist Size Triggers Diabetes Risk?
You may be shocked to know that your waist size also increases the type 2 diabetes risk.
- If your waist size is more than 31.5 inches then you are living at the risk of increasing type 2 diabetes.
- Men, black or white whose waistline size is above 37 inches, they can be affected by type 2 diabetes.
Asian men whose waist size is above 35 inches, they can be affected by type 2 diabetes.
Diabetes Causes Beyond Your Control
If you want to live a healthy life and keep away type 2 diabetes from your life then you need to lose weight first. Healthy diet and adequate physical activities can certainly help you to reduce chances of type 2 diabetes. Still, there are some of the uncontrollable situations that trigger the risk of type 2 diabetes, let us see:
- If any of your family members suffer from diabetes type 2.
- If you are a South Asian or African-Caribbean then you have chances to be suffered from type 2 diabetes 5 time more.
- If you have PCOS or polycystic ovary syndrome and you are obese.
- If you had gestational diabetes or you have impaired glucose tolerance or fasting glycaemia.
If you have experienced any symptoms of diabetes then control your weight first and visit your GP.