Great on the store window, but not so great when am wearing! This is kind of more familiar situation than anything else while shopping. Don’t go downtown and feel awful about your body, it’s just the clothes aren’t matching your shape.
Dressing according to your body shape will make your dream look come true and will surely boost up your confidence.
Following are some great tips for choosing the right clothes for your body type and always show off your best look.
An Apple Body Shape
- V-neck empire waist tops, A-line & wrap dresses and clothes that distract attention from your waist & mid-section would work great for you.
- Select tops extending below hips and covering waist area fully.
- If top heavy, then avoid straight leg pants and skinny jeans. Boot cut or flared pants are right choices.
- Go for layered or ruched tops and tunics.
A Pear Body Shape
- Highlight shoulders with scarves, necklaces or pashminas.
- Make shoulders look broader with cap, bateau-neckline or puff-sleeves.
- Avoid Capri or tight pants, pencil or short skirts. Select over flared and tailored pants or A-line skirts.
- Try wearing brightly colored tops with solid, dark colored clothing for the bottom
A Rectangular shaped Body
- Use clothes or accessories to create curves that you may not have naturally. Accentuate your waist by wearing a belt at the narrowest part of it.
- Choose wrap dresses and empire waist dresses.
- Pleated or ruffled tops could be worn to enhance bust line and shoulders and volume to the upper part can be added by accessories.
- Tops ending at mid part of hips are a cool
- Make your waist more defined by choosing underwear with good breast support
- Tops, skirts & dresses and peplum jackets are great to create the illusion of an hourglass-shaped body line.
An Hourglass Body Shape
- Highlight your natural curves. Pick up clothes that highlight and draws attention to your waist.
- The best possible way to highlight bust and hip is by drawing focus to the narrow waist of yours. For this do avoid baggy clothing.
- Use right kind of bra if your bust is quite large and do avoid unstructured bras or padded cups that may draw a droopy look of cleavage. Overall, chose undergarments that fits you correctly.
- Go on accentuating your breast with dresses like shirts, pencil skirts and tops with V-neck lining.
No matter what clothes you try or choose, always make them focus on your advantages. This is quite essential to look much attractive.